Thursday, May 04, 2006

pour deux beaux yeux

i was actually in a rather bad mood walking to the cafe for lunch today. i was on the phone with my mother, detailing (in as much as i could without revealing privileged information) the current developments in the uber case i work on and how it is progessively becoming a very minor case and how that affects my job. my mother, bless her, was reminding me of all that could go wrong and why didn't i make better choices in my life. plus, it was overcast, which is as close to the apocalypse as you'll get in southern california.

anyway, i found a booth in the upstairs of one of my favorite cafes, across the street from the mart. the usual fashionistas and moneyistas and risk-managementistas were there. upon inspecting the menu, though, i discovered that neither the coq au vin nor the boeuf borgignon were on the menu any more.

okay, so it wasn't a disaster. but i was in a badish mood and it was an uglyish day and i had walked eight blocks just for some good old coq au vin and it wasn't there. i was pissed.

until the waiter--tall, cute, with sexy-stuble, a nice ass, and adorable eyes--came and took my order. it was enough to make my day. a small little midday fantasy to clear out all the crap from outside and make me smile a little.

and yes, i way over tipped him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

I thought I was having a bad day. THAT made me smile. And laugh out loud a little. I heart cute waiters. And over tipping.

May 05, 2006 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home