Friday, April 28, 2006

mr. rogers

i am one of those rare angelinos who actually uses public transport in this city. not necessarily because i'm a big proponent of public transportation (though i am), but because it is extremely convenient, cheap, and faster than driving. i live and work a few blocks from the subway (yes, los angeles does have a subway), so it's very convenient.

and because i take the subway, i get to see all of the interesting people who also take the subway. the women with crazy hair who talk to themselves, the guy who takes the 5:45 north hollywood train who always stares at me lasciviously, the christian evangelists, the homeless man who plays a beat-up quitar for change, the FIDM students with their emo haircuts and bedazzled chuck taylors.

these are the people who i see everyday. they've become almost a comfort as i sit half-awake on my 10 minute commute into the office. i don't know they're names, i don't speak a word to them, and most of them aren't going to the same place i am, but they are the people in my neighborhood. and i think it's a good thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

Lasciviously! You never cease to amaze my soul. This is perhaps one of my favorite words. Ever. I bought a book several years ago and gave it away as a "thanks for great sex" gift. I'd love to get another copy for myself.

April 28, 2006 10:37 PM  
Blogger Frankie said...

Sorry. That link seems to not work now. Damn blogger. Ah well, it's titled: Lust. Lascivious love stories and Passionate Poems.

April 28, 2006 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home